Skip to Content
tree branch
tree branch

Residents Asked to Report Illegal Discharges

Posted Friday, January 2, 2015

blog image

From Richland County Stormwater

Clean waterways are essential to Richland County's economic and ecologic vitality. Residents are reminded to report sightings of stormwater pollution or illicit discharges by calling the Richland County Ombudsman's Office at 803-929-6000.

Illicit discharge is any instance in which non-stormwater washes into a stormwater inlet such as a large pipe, ditch or storm drain. Because these structures lead directly to natural waterways without being treated, only rain should drain into them. Examples of illicit discharges include erosion, sewage, soaps from laundry facilities and car washes, and oils and grease from garages or restaurants. These chemicals pollute the community’s rivers and streams and can cause health hazards to humans and animals.

« Back to All Posts

City of Forest Acres

City Hall - 5209 North Trenholm Road, Forest Acres SC 29206

Police & Court - 5205 North Trenholm Road, Forest Acres SC 29206

  • Main: (803) 782-9475 |
  • Police: (803) 782-9444 |
  • Court: (803) 790-5947

© City of Forest Acres