The Municipal Election Commission of the City of Forest Acres will conduct a non-partisan general election on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 for the election of the Mayor and two at-large members of the City Council for four year terms commencing July 1, 2019 and ending on June 30, 2023.
The last day to register to vote in person for this election is Friday, April 12, 2019 by 5:00 pm. Voter registration by mail must be postmarked no later than Monday April 15, 2019. Voter Registration on line, fax or email must be entered no later than Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 11:59 PM. To register to vote or to obtain absentee ballots, contact the Richland County Voter Registration Office, 2020 Hampton Street, Columbia, S.C. Absentee ballots may be requested by calling the Voter Registration Office at 576-2240. In-Person absentee voting will begin Monday, April 1, 2019 at 2020 Hampton Street.
Polls will be open from 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM. Richland County Voter Registration and Elections Office staff will begin examining absentee ballot return envelopes at 9:00 AM and will begin counting all votes at 7:00PM, at 2020 Hampton Street, Columbia, S.C. The results of the election shall be determined according to the plurality method.
The precincts and polling places for this election are as follows:
- Cooper and East Forest precincts shall vote at Brockman School, 2245 Montclair Dive;
- Keenan and North Forest precincts shall vote at Trenholm Park, 3900 Covenant Road;
- Gregg Park and South Forest Acres precincts shall vote at Crayton Middle School, 5000 Clemson Avenue;
- Arcadia, Oakwood, Trenholm, and Satchelford precincts shall vote at Satchelford Elementary School, 5901 Satchelford Road; and
- Midway precinct, no registered voters
The Municipal Election Commission will hold a hearing to determine the validity of any challenged ballots and to certify the results of the election at noon on Thursday, May 16, 2019 in the City Hall Courtroom at 5205 North Trenholm Road.