Job Opening - Code Enforcement Officer/Building Inspector
Posted Monday, June 5, 2017
The City of Forest Acres currently has an opening for a Code Enforcement Officer/Building Inspector.
- Inspects permitted construction work for new buildings, building additions and alterations of existing buildings for compliance with the current building codes; inspects construction for compliance with plans on which permits have been issued
- Reads and interprets adopted codes, technical manuals, construction drawings, instructions, and specifications related to construction projects; interacts with the public to answer basic code questions; patrols the city to identify code violations; and communicates with property owners to effect code violation abatement
- May issue uniform court summons for violations of city ordinances and present case or otherwise testify in a court of law; maintains logs and inspection reports; prepares studies, reports and gathers information for decision-making purposes
- Associate college degree, vocational technical degree or other specialized training that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of two years of college education. Must possess or be able to acquire and maintain a valid SC drivers license.
- Working knowledge of the International Building Code, International Mechanical Code, International Plumbing Code, International Residential Code and the National Electrical Code; working knowledge of current construction methods, materials, tools and equipment
- One year of full-time experience that has included fact-finding familiarity of laws, codes or regulation, land use/zoning regulations; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Salary: $38,000 - $50,000 annually depending upon combination of qualifications and experience
How to apply: For an application visit www.forestacres.net (to go directly to the application, click here) or in person at 5209 N Trenholm Rd. Position remains open until filled.
The City of Forest Acres is an Equal Opportunity Employer